Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Summer of my Dreams

This is going to be long. That's all I have to say.

Basically I am living the summer that I have been dreaming about for 2 years. I don't have a newborn and I am not pregnant. The last time that happened was 4 years ago. I am loving it. Today we left the house at 9:45 am, returned at 3:00 and then left again all night. I am a better out and about mom than stay at home mom, if you know what I mean.

Tonight we spent the evening at the park. It was so fun. We can get on the path by our house and walk there in about 10 minutes. Halle insisted on wearing her princess dress to the park and when a little girl asked her to play with her she told her that she could couldn't leave her castle. Oh dear. The things that come out of that girl's mouth.
My dear brother Jeremy went into the MTC today. We would be sad to see him go, but he was so excited about it that it rubbed off on us. There were tears shed, but mostly we are just excited for him.
The week before he left was so great. Everyone was here for his farewell, which was amazing. Almost all of the females in my family showed up in jean jackets. It was weird and awesome.
Siblings!Why is Max crouching down so much? I don't know.
Later that day we took family pictures, which I think turned out really cute. However, my mom has informed me that I am not allowed to post them because she wants to use them for the Christmas card.

Sadly, Victoria had to leave the next day but Jordan was here for another week and we did something with everyone in my family pretty much every night. We had so much fun and I seriously love all of my family. One night we went on a hike around The Bluffs. It is the awesome hiking trail about 5 minutes from our house. We saw horses, deer, lizards, views of the whole city and found a geocache. The best part is that is directly behind a Super Target. The best of both worlds. Seriously.
Today I took Laney, Kennady and my kids to The Wildlife Experience. Our library gives away free tickets. If you are from Colorado and wondering if you should go, I will say this. If you have free tickets it is great. The best part for the kids was the fish video that was projected onto the ground. Whenever they ran onto it, the fish would scatter from wherever their feet touched.
How do you get kids to stand still for a picture? If anyone knows, could you please let me in on the secret.
Now for the not so fun part of our dreamy summer. On Sunday we were eating dinner at my parent's house. Trey started seriously choking on his food. It was probably the most scared I have ever been in my entire life. It took at least 30 seconds to clear his airway and get him breathing again. The longest 30 seconds of my life. My brother was on top of things and called 911 while Max and I did the Heimlich. The paramedics still came to check him out and make sure he was okay. Keep up on your First Aid and CPR everyone. I was SO grateful that we had taken the class before Halle was born. We also had to take it again in order to take Trey home from the NICU. You just never know.

Now, let's talk about Trey's hair. I have an unhealthy attachment to it. He and Max just have great hair. I am probably going to have Kali trim it this week though. I don't think I will be able to be there.

And lastly, Friday is Miss Halle's birthday. I got her these:
I am telling you. Having the American Girl store here is trouble. We go at least once a week. But these dolls are SO cute and they look like Halle and Trey. I take them out every night and look at them. I hope she loves them as much as I do.

So do you feel updated? You better. That was entirely too long.

7 comments:

Sean and Hillary Monroe said...

For the most part my kids love taking pictures. I'm not exactly sure why, but I think part of it is we practice with the camera a lot with events that don't really matter. We'll pull out the camera and we'll take turns taking pictures and then looking at them right away. They always love to see what they looked like in the pic.
You could try bribing them. :) haha
Another tip is to take a "silly" photo first, so they get their wiggles out, and then say, "Ok, time for a nice smile picture" and that's when they pull out their "school picture pose."
Good luck! :)

Sean and Hillary Monroe said...

Ok, so I forgot to mention congrats on having a fabulous family get-together and fun summer. Hope you have a blast this year! :)

Yo Momma Lindsey said...

So glad Mr. Trey is okay!!!!! Thank goodness. So happy Jeremy is in the joint. So shocked tomorrow is Halle's birthday! Sigh.

Mr. Jordan E. Harris said...

My Dear Brother Jeremy? Why are you talking like you are in the movie "Legacy"?

Also Trey's hair is amazing.

Mr. Jordan E. Harris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Celeste said...

You give me hope for next summer! I'm so glad Jeremy is so excited and that choking thing with Trey would have had me completely terrified too!

raw mom said...

um why are you so dang beautiful? not fair. okay, bye.