Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Cutie!!!


I know I wasn't going to post for awhile, but how cute is this?!? Halle loves to crawl under the table and hang out. I went into the kitchen to get something and came back and she was eating her bottle lid and just hanging out under the table. She is so funny. Seriously, everytime I turn around she goes right under the table. I love her. AND...she got her first tooth. I would love to take a picture for you, but she won't let me get anywhere near her mouth.

I am sure you are all wondering how I feel about tonight. Bummed is an understatement. I loved participating in our caucus and am so grateful to live in a nation that affords us that right. I am disgusted at the dirty politics that Huckabee and McCain have engaged in, especially in West Virginia. I will be interested to see how this all unfolds as we march towards November, but at this point if McCain is the nominee, I will be writing in a candidate for president. I will never give my vote to McCain. I don't care who he is running against. He is a RINO and a dirty politician. I could never vote for Clinton or Obama either. I don't agree with any of their views on immigration, taxes, the war, gay marriage, abortion, government involvement, and especially health care. Granted our health care system isn't perfect, but it is the best in the world. If you need an example of how bad it can be when the government takes over, look to Canada. They have to send people here because their system is so terrible. They are getting far less quality care. For example, when I had Halle I had to have a C-section. I got the best care in the world and was in the hospital for 5 days. My cousin in Canada had a C-section and left the same day. Mitt is the only one that really has a grasp on the health care situation. Anyway I have said this before, but I am glad that Mitt made his living cleaning up messes because he will have a big one to clean up in 2012 if this continues to not go his way. But look at Ronald Reagan. Lost the republican nomination in 76' and look what he came back to do. By the way, I totally respect everyone that has different views than I do and I don't mean this to be a politics blog. I just feel so strongly about it right now. And I am not making any more false promises about not blogging about politics. It will never happen. Let's be honest.

But on a brighter note, here is a picture of Max and Halle and I. I love them!!! Max is the best in the world. He has been so involved with this campaign and I love him for that. I should have known that we were meant to be when we stayed up all night on election night 2004 watching to see what happened. He was the only one I could find to watch it with me. :) He really is SO fabulous though. I couldn't live without him. Or Miss Halle.

8 comments:

k.young said...

Your family is SO cute! I love reading your blog. Even the politics side :)

Sara said...

I totally agree with you. Ben and I were talking about the '76 election last night. Romney will have to come back in 4 years to pull this country out the mess the Democrats are proposing. We were extremely disappointed, but I do think this is the year for the Democrats. They are turning out in record number and with a liberal running against them-go ahead and take it. I will never back McCain (see my response to Robert on my blog). In 4 years Romney will be 65, still young enough to run and lead for 8 years, and the country will be more receptive then. I love that you guys are so involved. We need more people like you!

Sarah said...

Jayme, I love your blog! I love that you're so involved politically and I absolutely agree with you. People that want a socialized health care plan have never lived it!!! They have no idea what they're asking for. It drives me crazy because they present it in a way that if you say you're against it, it makes you sound like you don't want poor people to be able to go to the doctor when they need it. SO not true!! Our health care system is a.maz.ing, it's the health insurance that's totally messed up. How do people not see this? I totally hope that Romney can come back like Reagan as well. We were so, so sad watching the results last night. But, I think the democrats will take it no matter what, so this might be better for Romney in the long run.... our fingers are crossed!

(I love that I just left you a novel, sorry!)

♥ kaliente ♥ said...

oh my stinking cute.
oh, i miss you guys so much!!!
I have to back and see youu ASAP!!
I LOVE YOU!!!!

♥ kaliente ♥ said...

put up more pictures! She is soooo cute!
I need to come visit you guys! I Miss you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOo much!

Chris and Diane said...

Jayme, I just have to say that Chris was really disappointed when Mitt dropped out. He voted for him here in Utah; Chris' father is a big supported too! They both were very sad when he dropped out. I'm not a big fan of Mitt but felt he would have been a great to watch in the debates! Such a wonderful speaker, it's such a difference for us to hear intelligent words coming from a political leader! Halle's looking too cute for words, you guys look great together. Chris went back to work today Yeah! So things are finally getting back to normal with us! Love you, Diane

Caleb and Marci said...

Jayme, I love this. I am glad that I looked at your blog today. Caleb and I have also had discussions about headed to the left in light of who the right seems to be nominating and who will probably be named for the vice president in that campaign. I look forward to reading more thoughts soon. :-) And Halle is the cutest, I am glad we still get to watch her grow.

Boyd said...

I love Jayme, but you're way off here. Our health care system is horrendous in the US. 37th in the world, in fact.

Our health care system needs a major, and I mean MAJOR rehaul.