Monday, June 30, 2008

Utah

We have been so busy lately. Finally I am getting a minute to update. YAY!! First, Halle's sickness on her birthday turned into a nasty little roseola virus that we could not get rid of. She had a temp of over 103 degrees for about a week. Three trips to the doctor and one trip to the ER after it got up to 105 later, it turned out to just be roseola. We had no way of knowing until AFTER her fever finally broke and she got a rash. But she was finally better and that was all that mattered.

Then we went to Utah for Max's grandpa's 90th birthday party. We turned it into a little vacation and tried to see as many people as we could there. I am SO sorry if we missed you. We were running around like mad and as much as Halle was a trooper, there is only so much you can do with a baby. :) Anyway, I just put the pictures up since there are SO many. I don't have a picture of the ultrasound with me, but maybe I will put it up later.

This little boy is a cutie!! But let's be honest...I have NO idea what to do with a boy. I thought for sure this baby was a girl (and I thought Halle was for sure a boy), so I was a little shocked when she told us it was a boy. But I am SO SO SO excited to have a boy. He better be a mommy's boy and he better love getting dressed up because there sure are a lot of cute boy clothes out there. I will leave the guy stuff to Max. He is super excited to have a little boy to teach how to do "man stuff", whatever that is. He seemed to be especially tall already, even the ultrasound tech commented on his long legs. It gives me a little relief because I am nervous about passing on my short genes to our boys. When Max and I were engaged our bishop always joked and said that we were going to have freakishly tall girls and freakishly short boys. Oh little baby, I hope that is not the case. Anyway, we love him already!!!

We spent lots of time with Lindsey and Abby. And I finally got to meet baby Joe. What a cutie. Abby and Halle loved each other.
BFF
Halle got her first haircut from Kali. Her bangs were down past her nose. She did not love it, but she did okay and Kali did a great job. Doesn't this picture look so posed? I swear it wasn't.
Admiring her new hair. AND check out the ponytail. There is finally enough hair for a legitimate one.
I just had to add these two because she is so cute.
We LOVE Aunt Kali!!
Halli and Halle in the wagon
Max emceed the whole 90th birthday party and did a GREAT job. He also sang a lovely little song that they made up on the spot. I love how Dusty and Jon are just looking at Max.
Max's sweet Grandma Voy. We tried to get a picture with all of looking at the camera 3 times and it never happened.
I love my family

8 comments:

Ang said...

Wow, you guys really did get a ton done while you were here! It was so fun to see you!

Shana Kummer said...

Don't be to worried about having a boy they are lots of fun and quite easy. Jaxon has so many toys but the only ones he plays with are basketballs, baseballs, any sort of ball, so as long as you stock up on sports balls you should be fine. I can't believe Halle is a year she is so cute and has a darling personality.

k.young said...

I am excited that you are having a boy too! How did you find out so early??
Looks like a fun trip to Utah. I love Halle's pony tail! It is adorable.
What a cute family you have, Jayme!

Jared and Shelby said...

Congratulations on baby #2! One of each, the best! We'll be having a boy in October. You're due in December? Congratulations!

Amy said...

Love those pics of Halle under the chair! Wasn't the trip to the grandparents fun? Max did do a good job emcee'ing the party

Amy

Honey! said...

Ooh Kali's hair looks CUTE! What a hot girl!

Lisa B. said...

That is so funny that you are also having a boy! ya we totaly went to fetal photos.. it's teh best thing in the world. i too have no idea what to do with a boy.. wish we lived closer.. maybe some day:) congrats!!! we can share boy secrets. and ps we are like a week apart! crazy.

Anna said...

Jayme! Halle is adorable! It is so fun to see all your fun family pictures! I am new at this blog thing, but I am loving looking at everyones blogs!