Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Why I Care

I know I moved my politics post to another blog (which had to be moved to here, by the way) but I thought this was worth adding to both blogs. I am not a catholic, but wow!! This video so clearly explains why I care about politics and about our country. I am grateful beyond words for the sacrifices of those who came before in securing the freedoms we enjoy. We can worship how we choose, we have freedom to express ourselves and to freely live our lives. This freedom came at a cost. I believe that we each have a responsibility to defend and uphold these rights, but also the values that our country was founded on. We may not have to go to war on the battlefield, but we are each responsible for standing up for what we believe in and making sure that we leave our children the same freedoms that we have today.

(Let me know if you cry. I bawl every time I watch it. It must be the hormones. Only 10 more weeks. AAAHHH!!!!)

2 comments:

Yo Momma Lindsey said...

That is really cool. And I'm so glad, no glad doesn't describe it. I'm so THANKFUL I know where to find rushbabies again!!

Sean and Hillary Monroe said...

I tried to find rushbabies, but couldn't follow your link. Any suggestions?