And never leaving the house again!!! Trey has been doing so well. Yesterday morning he had another chest X-ray and it showed that his hole had completely healed and there was no more "gunk" in his lungs. He never had pneumonia and for that we are very thankful. We spent the day yesterday holding him and teaching him how to eat and then today we got to bring him home. I am feeling much more nervous bringing him home than I ever did with Halle. He has to come home on oxygen, but it is the lowest level that he can be on. So...I am exhausted, but life is wonderful. I am not sure how I am going to manage 2 kids and an oxygen tank, but we will figure it out. I am looking to you, Misty for inspiration. :) We are so thankful for everyone's sweet comments!!! And someday when I get an ounce of energy, I will blog again.
And seriously, how cute is Halle?!? She has been such a trooper through all this.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
We are Home.....
Posted by Jayme at 1:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Oh, he is so dang cute! Good luck adjusting. I'm sure you'll be great!
I'm so glad you guys are home and it sounds like he is doing great.
Oxygen isn't too bad. I thought it was the end of the world, and also swore never to leave the house again! But, you'll learn to manage. It was actually very liberating to go out (the next day) and prove to myself I could do it! It takes some extra time, but it's manageable. And, if he's on a really low amount, hopefully he'll come off soon! We have small tanks that fit in his diaper bag. Trey is at least so little that he doesn't have to go too far (or doesn't try to get too far) right now. Granted, we only have the one child - not two! I wonder what it will be like when we have a nother one if Tyler is still on the oxygen. But, you will survive. I'm glad to see that he has those little circles on his face to hold the oxygen on (tender grips). If you need more, let me know, I have a stock pile! The hospital didn't send us home with anything to reattach the tube to his face so we used whatever we could find! Also, if you have to change them, I would recommend putting them down a little further on his face (more level with his ears than up above them). We never really put the tube up and over Ty's ears, it seems to stay in better when it's a little more straight - but you'll get it! You can see the pictures on our blog I'm sure. And hopefully it will be gone before you know it!
But seriously, if you have any questions, let me know. Or if you need anything - let me know. Who is your home health agency that is providing you the oxygen? Do you have to monitor his oxygen with a pulse oximeter as well? I understand that it's scary - but honestly I had to remind myself that it's NOT normal for a baby to come home on oxygen - because it is just part of normal life for us now!
Okay - I should have tried to find your email or something because this is a novel. But, if you need to talk or anything, let me know. You can find me on facebook! =)
Also - I clicked on that first picture of Trey to see how the oxygen was put on his face and he is GORGEOUS! oh my goodness he is so sweet!
And...(sorry, just one more thing) if they haven't talked to you about it, you should ask his pediatrician about getting Synagis shots. They give it to high risk kiddos during the winter to help prevent them from getting RSV (a really nasty respiratory virus). Tyler got it last year, and he'll get it again this year - all the other babies that got it were premature and didn't have to be on oxygen. So, something you may want to check in to!
He is so sweet and how tender Halle looks! You are blessed!
I tried calling you about your box, but I guess I have the wrong number, but I got it out on Saturday, so it'll get there on Wednesday or Thursday, so if you plan on staying home, those would probably be good days to do it. If not, no biggie - they'll leave it on your doorstep. Anywho... hope it brings a smile and tell your kiddos we can't wait to meet them someday!
I'm so glad you guys made it home. What a happy family you look like!
Post a Comment