Have I have mentioned that I have the best and most hilarious husband ever? Probably not. I hate being mushy...especially on my blog. Well in case you were wondering, I do. He is SO funny. I have never been big on Valentine's Day, but it is fairly significant in our marriage. For those who don't know, Max and I were best friends for a long time before we started dating. But on Valentine's Day, Max decided that he really liked me. About 2 months later, I decided I liked him too and the rest is history. So Max always plans our Valentine's Day. He never disappoints, but this year was hilarious!! You see, every Monday night I make Max watch The Bachelor with me. He thinks this is ridiculous and I think he secretly loves it...hence our date.
We started the day with me coaching the Young Women's basketball team to victory. (Just had to throw that in.) Then Halle and I made these.Which were supposed to look a lot more like these. Obviously I am not a chef.
Then Max had to go to work for a few hours. After he left, there was a knock at the door and I found this.The "date box." It had a gift card and a poem about the evening. Already I was laughing so hard.
Then Max came to pick me up and presented me with these.It's one of my ridiculous necklaces and my wedding ring, which I never wear because I always lose. But of course this was to represent the crazy jewelry they present to the women before their one on one dates. Awesome.
Then the rest of the date was fairly normal. We had a wonderful time at dinner and then hurried home because we had this waiting for us.But no Bachelor date would be complete without the Final Rose, so of course Max had set up a stand at our house with a single rose sitting on it and made me stand across from him anxiously waiting to see if I would get the final rose. He made my dad (our babysitter, along with my mom) stand in as the other contestant, just for dramatic effect.
Of course I forgot to take a picture of it on the stand and it is a little wilty this morning, but you get the idea.
Max...you are hilarious!! I love you!! And if you don't watch The Bachelor, this probably made no sense to you.
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Valentine's Day - Bachelor Style
Posted by Jayme at 8:48 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





10 comments:
hahahah! This is hilarious, I love it! Braden and I were rolling. Max never ceases to amaze us. So glad you guys were able to do something fun, love you!
I love it!!! That is too funny--so creative. :)
PS-I wanted to make those cookies--did they taste good? I love that website!
that is so funny HAHA. i make johnny watch that show with me too! I love the big jewelry!!! I'm so excited to try the red velvet homemade sandwiches, I do that same recipe but with Devil's cake mix! so yummy!
This is so funny. I love The Bachelor too and I try to make Justin watch with me. What a fun Valentine's Day!
Sounds like a fun Valentines. I LOVE that picture of Trey!
That is one very creative and thoughtful husband. I love Halle's bangs too!
You guys are too funny. I love the "bachelor" date so fun. I once met Bachelor Bob. We flew on the same plane. Turns out he's kind of a jerk in real like.
Your cookies put my heart shaped pancakes to shame.
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
I love Max!
XOXO
Max is my FAVORITE!!! My freaking FAVORITE!!! PLEASE CAN I CLONE HIM FOR EVERYONE??? PLEASE????
Are you YW b ball coach too?? SO am i- hahaha! Trey makes just the most priceless faces- Nate and I are totally into this bachelor season too- so funny- you guys are the cutest family. Halle's hair is totally adorable with those bangs too- thanks for the congratulations by the way, miss u guys!
Post a Comment