Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A VERY Long Post

I realized that I was not very sympathetic to Max in that last post. I should mention that the day after he had surgery we had to move. So I was mostly referencing all the lifting I had to during the move . Thankfully my dad and my brother came and gave us A LOT of help. However, at one point they both had meetings to attend to so my sister Kayce and I were doing it all by ourselves. I told her that we should get an award for being superwomen and she thought I was crazy. She didn’t think it was a big deal. (If you know Kayce, you will know why this makes sense.)

Here is an old picture of Kayce and I. She is fabulous and I miss my long hair. I love the cut Kali gave me, but I am not a short hair person. And by short I mean anything remotely close to my shoulders. I keep worrying that I am nearing 30 and can’t cut my addiction to long hair. It is a dilemma.

So anyway, everything got moved. Max is doing fabulously, but has to go to physical therapy twice a week for his finger. He got lots of strong drugs to keep him knocked out during the move. Which was a VERY good thing because when he wasn’t knocked out with drugs he was up trying to help and causing himself much more pain than was necessary. He was pretty funny on the painkillers though. Max refuses to take even Tylenol so it was quite a spectacle when he was on Percocet. I have some very funny stories. Love you Max.

So the past week we have been patiently waiting for our internet to get set up. I hate being without the internet. I can’t stand it actually. But here is what we have been up to the past week. Working backwards.

Today Trey got his very last RSV shot. I am happy and I am sure that our insurance is even happier considering it is like $3000 a shot. They weighed him there he is 16 pounds. Yikes. 10 pounds in 4 months.

The kid LOVES to eat, what can I say? In fact, I started him on solids last week. I am pretty anti-starting solids before 6 months. However the child is a bottomless pit, so aside from sending Max’s paychecks directly to Enfamil, we really had no choice in the matter. The doctor said to feed him for 20 minutes, but the kid can pretty much eat the whole bowl of rice cereal in 5 minutes flat. Yikes again. And yes he is still the happiest baby in town.

Halle started Mommy and Me ballet yesterday. This is like my dream come true!! I love having a girl!! She looked so cute and loved the class. Sorry for all the pictures, but she is CUTE!!

Looking at this picture I realize that yellow is really not my color. It does not look good on me. In fact, when I was little I was in some commercials and during a screen test the producers told me that yellow was not my color and that I shouldn’t wear it. RUDE!! I was only like 9. But now I see that they were right. I still like it though. Another dilemma.

We also went to see the Easter Bunny. Poor Trey missed the picture because I didn’t want to wake him up. He is officially a cat napper. I was glad that the doctor told me this because I was so frustrated that I couldn’t get him on a good nap schedule like Halle. But he just sleeps in bits and pieces here and there. And I never wake him up because you never know when it is going to be his VERY long nap. It happens every couple of days. The Easter Bunny day was not it. He woke up 5 minutes after we took the picture. Bummer.

A week from today Kali comes home for a few days and I could not be more excited!!!! And since this post wasn’t long enough, here is one more picture of Trey. He is such a sweetie!!!

9 comments:

Misty said...

okay...Trey has CHEEKS!!! they are adorable! I love it! Halle looks cute in her tutu...and you are funny. Your "short" hair is where I consider mine to be getting long! =) Hope you guys like your new place

Celeste said...

Wow- no wonder you've been so busy. Where did you move? I love Kayce and totally can see her thinking it was no big deal to move. I can't decide who Trey looks like, you or Max, but he does look a lot like Halle. Too cute.

♥jada said...

The kids are sooo cute! I can't believe how big they are getting. Halle's ballet outfit is adorable--especially the leg warmers. I hope you get settled into your new place soon. And Max, I hope your finger gets better soon so you can start pulling your share of the load. 8)

Amy said...

oh, Jayme! I hear ya on the moving without Max's help! I bet that was not fun for either of you! Your kids are so darling and I love Trey's cheeks.

k.young said...

Where did you guys move to?
Trey is darling! He is getting so big. And I LOVE Halle in her tutu! How fun?!

♥ kaliente ♥ said...

I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS IN REAL LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sean and Hillary Monroe said...

Love Halle's leg warmers!

Marti Hawker said...

Halle sticks her tongue out just like her Dad! Looks like Trey and Trace are on the same schedule! They are both going to be pretty big boys!

Yo Momma Lindsey said...

Oh my heavens... Oh so cute!