This morning was Max's morning to go to the gym, so I laid in bed waiting for my kids to wake up and caught up with Google Reader on my phone. I read CJane's post about motherhood being like Groundhog Day and laughed. And then the kids woke up and we started our daily routine. I thought about her post again and got depressed. It is really true. Every day is the same.
Wake up. Eat Breakfast. Play. Wait for naptime. Enjoy naptime greatly, except when Halle won't sleep (which is often.) Play again. Wait for Max to get home. Eat dinner. Max plays with the kids. I clean the house. Bedtime routine. Everyday the same.
Even when we try to mix it up, it usually ends up being the same. Wednesday is music class. Thursday is storytime. Friday we go play with Laney at my mom's house. Sunday night dinner with my parents. Always the same.
Then today, lunchtime came and I was so happy that everyday is the same. I can't imagine a better way to spend my days. And let's be honest...if I ever get sick of the routine, I take a few minutes and imagine the not too distant future when I have to send my kids to school and I don't get to have these days with them. That is usually enough to bring me to tears and I am grateful we are at this place in our lives. Can I freeze it?
Plus, there are always such wonderful things to make each day a little different and exciting. Like yesterday when Halle woke up at 6:30 and went and found Max. She told him that she woke up early so she could go to work with him. Precious. Or last Friday when Halle and Trey spent all day hugging each other. Or Thursday when Jeremy got his mission call. Hooray. Or Sunday night when we had a fiesta to celebrate Jeremy's mission call and Kayce dropped the leftovers all over the fridge. Kali and I fell on the floor laughing. Then we took a picture.After that we had a pinata. Trey LOVED it. He wanted to hit it all by himself.
Life is good.
I am thinking about my grandpa today. We miss him.
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Groundhog Day
Posted by Jayme at 1:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
I know exactly how you feel. My baby will be starting Kindy next year and I'm already getting sad about that. it's so fun to have him home with me. Enjoy it!!
Oh, I was reading the first part of your blog and I was near tears wishing I was back in the "life is the same" routine. Oh, how simple that life was!
I was so happy to read that instead of lamenting the sameness of it all you were so grateful to have it. DO be grateful. I can tell you it only gets more and more hectic as life goes on, as the kids grow up, as they start new activities and as your responsibilities get greater.
On the plus side, although it is a frightening experience to send your kids to school and see them grow up, I can attest to the fact that there is no feeling in the world like the one you get when you see your child "get" something - reading, adding, multiplication, etc. - or when they do a kindergarten "play" or "concert." There is no feeling that quite compares when you see them playing happily on the playground at school (when they have no clue you're watching them or even there) and they have no idea the troubles that await them in life. What a peaceful feeling you'll receive at that moment. After all, they are still just children. :)
I love this post, Jayme! Thanks for sharing.
love. great post.
You have such a fun family.
Post a Comment