Wednesday, September 15, 2010
All About Max
My kids get a lot of time on this blog. Max does not get his fair share, so in honor of his birthday last week here are 29 things you may or may not want to know about Max.
1. He just turned 29. He's so young.
2. He is an amazing cook! Whenever we have guests, he always cooks because he is so much better at it than I am.
3. He loves his job. The past couple of weeks he has had to be there at 4 in the morning to get stuff done before the market opens, which means he has to get up at 3:15. The only thing he has said about it is that he doesn't mind getting up so early because he loves where he is going.
4. He is the most wonderful father in the world. He genuinely loves being with our kids and thinks they are hilarious.
5. We have had our fair share of disagreements throughout our marriage, but we have never once disagreed or fought about money. I think partly because we have our own accounts, but mostly because he totally trusts me with our spending. Which is impressive considering how much money I used to spend on clothes before we got married. :)
6. He is totally a sleep talker. We have had some very strange conversations while he is sleeping. Hopefully you have heard the Zoogambi story. If not, make sure I tell you sometime.
7. If you ask him who his best friend is in Colorado, he would say my dad. They are funny together and when we first moved to Colorado I was slightly freaked out by how similar he and my dad are. Their relationship both cracks me up and makes me happy.
8. He doesn't buy his own clothes. In fact, I just buy all his clothes and bring them home for him. This has been going on since before we even started dating, so it's been about 6 years since Max has made any decisions about his wardrobe.
9. He missed Trey's birth. Since I was only 36 weeks I told him to go to the BYU/Utah football game. Trey came about 12 hours after he got on the plane. We laugh about it a lot.
10. He has great plans to take Trey to the BYU/Utah football game every year to make it up to him.
11. He served his mission in Salt Lake City and loved it!
12. Up until about 6 months ago, Max drove around everywhere with golf clubs in his car..."just in case." I finally talked him into finding a nice space in the garage for them.
13. Max cares about having stuff less than anyone I have ever met, except my dad. I think they could both live in a cardboard box and be happy. Seriously.
14. There is probably a less than 1% chance that Max will read this, unless I tell him to. He is not into social media, including facebook and blogs. I won't tell him to read it. :)
15. We were at Target the other day and I was walking a ways behind Max. Someone next to me started talking about how tall he was. When we got to the car I told him this and then told him that I didn't even really notice our height difference anymore and sometimes felt like we were the same height. He gave me one of the funniest looks I have ever seen. Apparently he still does notice our height difference. :)
16. Although he is not quick to admit it, he really, really loves living in Colorado and thinks moving here was one of the best decisions we have made in our marriage.
17. Max and I met in 2003. He claims that the first time he saw me, he knew he was going to marry me. Then I stood up and he changed his mind after seeing how short I was. Haha. We then slowly became best friends and then started dating and then we dated for well over a year before we got married. We were not the typical mormon marriage story.
18. Phil and Claire from Modern Family are a whole lot like Max and I. A whole lot.
19. Our birthdays are 5 days apart. When Max and I were dating he told his parents that he didn't want anything, that he just wanted them to get me something. That's how he is. This year we combined our presents and just got one big thing and promised we would get nothing else. Of course Max took me to get something just for me. At first I declined, but then I saw a pair of boots I really wanted......
20. Max thinks I'm funny, which is good because I am really not.
21. After Halle was born, Max really wanted to have all girls. He loved having a girl. We both were a little disappointed when we found out Trey was a boy. Now he LOVES having a boy and would take the rest boys. Actually, he just doesn't care one way or the other.
22. Max has not done a load of laundry since we got married. It was probably his favorite part about getting married. However, any chance I get to pawn off doing the dishes on him, I take it!
23. He has big dreams of having the best lawn on the block. However, we have had problem after problem with our sprinklers this summer and our lawn is now one of the worst on the block. He is not happy about it.
24. He likes real Christmas Trees, I like fake. It's a sticking point between the 2 of us. :)
25. This is his very favorite picture of Trey. He laughs so hard every time he see it. Look at those sinking cheeks.
26. He misses his family a lot. He would love, love, love to have everyone live closer together!
27. His calling at church is the nursery. He has been in there for a year and a half and loves it! I think he will be ready for a change when it comes, but he really loves the kids. And the snacks.
28. He loves to wear ugly hats. He doesn't have one decent looking baseball hat. He used to, but he gave it away. I don't understand.
29. I think he is getting better and better with age!! Happy (late) Birthday to Max!!
Posted by Jayme at 3:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











5 comments:
I think I just fell in love... He is so fun. :)
That was a sweet and cute tribute. Thanks for the idea (of course I'm stealing this for Sean's birthday in March! haha).
You two are seriously so cute together.
And, yes, you definitely have a height difference, but it suits you both so well.
And, yes, your kids are both cute and funny. I LOVE the posts you put about them! :)
Love the 29 things. It's true our hubbies don't get a lot of blog time. That is so fun that your Dad and Max get along so well.
Aww Team Max FOREVER!!! You forgot to mention he's the owner of the BEST BLANKET on the planet!!! I love Max!
will you buy all my clothes for me? i'm being serious. i'll pay.
Post a Comment