I realized tonight that I am a very different person than I was 3 1/2 months ago. This is good for me, not so good for all of you. I used to be able to carry on a good telephone conversation. Now, if you call me...be prepared for me to hold up the phone to Halle so that you can hear her talk. That is SO annoying. What is wrong with me?!? I do it to Lindsey ALL the time. It is a good thing that we have been friends for so long. She has no choice but to continue being my friend and listen to my daughter talk. And by the way, she is quite the talker. Yesterday she was talking for over 45 minutes straight. Seriously, no break, just talk, talk, talk, talk, talk. Max had a headache and wanted to take a nap in the back room, but couldn't because Halle was talking so loud. SO FUNNY!!!! Anyway, then last night Max decided to take me out on a date. We took Halle over to my parent's house and I just couldn't leave her. When it was time to go, I fell on the floor and went completely limp in an attempt to make Max change his mind. It didn't work. He just picked me up and carried me to the car. Then at dinner everyone was talking about their jobs and what they were doing. I had nothing to say. The only thing I could come up with was that I sang songs and made funny faces to Halle. Last year, I could entertain a dinner table with stories of chasing a drugged out mom down the street trying to take away her baby. No more. But that's okay. We had to get back to Halle in under an hour anyway. That was quite an accomplishment for me, leaving her for that long. How can I stay away? She is SO cute. I am so in love with my new life. I am just sorry for all of you that you have to put up with me. My mom even told me that she is getting sick of hearing me talk about how cute Halle is all the time. Seriously, it's bad.
And here are some pictures!!! They are pretty lame, but I lost my camera charger for awhile. We have lost so many things during this move it is ridiculous. I am obsessed with finding them all, but it is not happening. At least the charger is back. I was going CRAZY!!!
Here is Max and Halle at my parent's ward chili cookoff. Max stuffed himself silly. He looks like he is high on food here. My mom won 3rd place though out of 22 chili's. Good job Mindy!!
Here is Laney!!! She came to the chili cookoff too and she and Max did a little square dancing. HA, HA. I just realized that Jeremy looks like he is high on food here too. The boys seriously ate SO much chili. It was pretty gross.
We went to Madison's homecoming game to watch her cheer!! Halle was exhausted by this point. I couldn't even wake her up for the picture. Madison did great!!! We had to leave after halftime though because it was SO windy.
Halle loves her exersaucer. I think she would play in it all day if I would let her. I was trying to get her to smile here because she was laughing like crazy, but she was annoyed that I was interrupting her playtime. This girl is so funny.
I heard this trick that if you hold your baby up to the light and look at their eyes from the side you can tell what color they are going to end up. Halle's eyes are definitely going to be blue because both Max and I have blue eyes, but I am interested to see what shade they will end up. I don't think this side view looks any different than normal, so maybe they are the color they are going to be forever.
Well, that's all. Maybe I will start posting more now that I have my camera back. Maybe I should start cleaning my house though. I have become the worst housewife ever. I never want to do anything because Halle has gotten so fun to play with. I could play with her all day, but I really must start doing the laundry and cooking dinner!!!
Saturday, September 29, 2007
I have become annoying/boring
Posted by Jayme at 10:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
I LOVE hearing Halle talk! She's such a doll. She reminds me of you... and that could never be bad! I love you. Lindsey
ps--I love being mentioned in your blog. I'm a special lady.
pps--I think I sounded mentally retarded in my last comment. Just thought I'd let you know that I'm aware that I sound mentally retarded!
It's really good to hear that child abuse eventually gets out of your head because I have been really worried lately that I will never be able to lead a normal life again!
That red sweat suit she has on is SO CUTE!!!!!!!!! Only 24 more days till I get to see you! YEA! I love you!
I am just as bad! I love that you went limp on the floor in attempts of staying home with her! You are a wonderful mom... I hope ai am as good as you!
OMG, I can just see Max picking you up off the floor and dragging you out. HE IS SO HILARIOUS!!! I totally don't mind hearing about cute Halle though, I'll be just as obnoxious when I have my niece/nephew! Tell Max he's the BEST!!!
Your eyes are gorgeous! Halle is a lucky girl.
As for the whole going limp thing, I think Ben would have left me. Max sounds a little more patient!
Post a Comment