Monday, October 1, 2007

How fast a year goes!!!

So I know I just blogged like 2 days ago, but today is an exciting day. A year ago today we found out I was pregnant. That means that Halle has been in our life for a year now!!! How cute. I remember a year ago feeling totally freaked out and totally excited. Halle is SO much better than I could have ever imagined though. She has a personality that doesn't quit and we love her to death. We can't imagine life without her because she is SO fabulous and makes us SO happy!!! I have been trying all day to get a picture of her smiling and it is not happening. She smiles like crazy, but as soon as I put the camera up to her she looks at me like I am crazy. She justs sits there and stares at me like she is wondering why I stopped looking at her. Anyway, this is the closest I got and of course, the flash was off. OH WELL!!! It's still cute.


It is also an exciting day because I fit into my skinniest pair of jeans. Well, if you saw me in them you may dispute my statement that they fit...but that's not the point. I could zip them up and button them. Major muffin top, notwithstanding...they fit. I tried to put those things on when I was 9 months pregnant and it was not pretty. I couldn't even get them over my thighs. According to my scale (which I am not sure about the accuracy of) I am still about 2 pounds away from my starting weight, but I feel like I am 20 pounds away. I don't remember being this fat before I got pregnant, but whatever. I am over it!!!

6 comments:

melis said...

FINALLY! My computer must have been working right because this is the first time your new post showed up! COngrats on the skinny jeans... rub it in, rub it in!

mccall said...

Congratulations! Although you've ALWAYS looked GREAT!

♥ kaliente ♥ said...

Um, you've always been skinny.....

Lisa B. said...

I totally know what you mean:) I can't believe how much she has grown. she is a doll.. ya we definately need to movve there.. we miss you guys a ton! at least we have blogs to keep in touch until then

Mindy said...

It's been a while since I've read through your blog. You are so cute! I love reading how you love being a mom. It's refreshing. AND isn't it funny that the babies change so fast and it's such work for us to change? Or at least change back to our normal selves. Congrats on the skinny jeans, muffin top or not!!

Honey! said...

Whatever, Jaymes, you are HOT! And I love that last picture of you guys--you need to frame it! And look at Halle's SMILE in the other pic! Ah! She is beyond ADORABLE!!!