Yay for Halle's first Christmas. It was quite the adventure...that's for sure. Christmas was so fun with her!!! It was a busy time, but a good time and we got to see everyone in both of our families. YAY!!! There were good things and bad things, so I will give you a quick rundown of our week.
First for the good things. 1. Halle LOVED Christmas. She really got into opening presents. That is until she opened her present from my mom and dad. It was a Superstar Singing Stage and after that she really had no interest in anything else. 2. My sister Kayce got to come home early from Utah, so we got to spend extra time with her before we left. 3. Max's family got to spend their first Christmas together in 7 years and we got to spend Christmas with both families. 4. Halle started crawling. Yes, you read that right. She has been spending time rocking back and forth on her hands and knees, but she finally took a step with her hands and knees the other night. She is not doing a lot, but it is coming and I am not sure how I feel about it.
Now, for the crummy parts. 1. We woke up on Christmas Day to a blizzard and it was no fun getting to the airport. 2. Our flight got delayed due to the snow, so we missed our connecting flight and spent a good chunk of Christmas in the Seattle airport. 3. Halle got SUPER sick the day after we got there and woke up with 104 degree temperature. We spent a day in the Urgent Care, but by the next morning she was totally fine. Scary though. 4. Our flight on the way home got CANCELLED. Yes, CANCELLED due to mechanical problems with the plane. After they made the announcement I took off running through the airport to the customer service desk and got us booked on a flight about 6 hours later. So, we spent about 15 hours traveling on Saturday and finally made it home at about 1:30 am. Halle was an ANGEL and was so happy all day long. We are the luckiest parents ever.
All in all, it was a great Christmas and we had a wonderful time with Max's family. However, I have had my fill of traveling for awhile :)
ALL of Max's Family
Getting ready to leave for home. Halle was singing and shrieking all day. We just walked around the airport with her singing. Crazy girl.
We didn't know what we were in for yet.
At about hour 9 of traveling. Getting a little tired, can you tell? We found a little African restaurant in a deserted part of the airport and hung out there for a few hours. They served deli sandwiches and chili, so I don't know why it was African themed, but it was fun. We used the $6 vouchers they gave us for cancelling our flight to eat there. Yep, we got a whole $6 for that. Totally worth it. HA HA
Halle still happy as a clam.
Opening her first present on Christmas morning. A piano from Santa!!!
Santa Baby!!!
Bet you can't tell which side of the political spectrum we are on :) Poor child.
Sunday, December 30, 2007
Christmas 2007
Posted by Jayme at 9:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
Congrats on a successful Christmas! Traveling is such a pain, a necessary evil I guess.
Her Santa outfit is TOO CUTE! Thank you to your wonderful mom for finding the worlds best gift for the twinners-- Savy cant get enough! I love to see her in front of that "stage!"
Her Santa outfit is TOO CUTE! Thank you to your wonderful mom for finding the worlds best gift for the twinners-- Savy cant get enough! I love to see her in front of that "stage!"
Love the Mitt shirt. I think she should wear it every day. Merry Christmas!
Sorry about the travel nightmare! Flying can be such a pain sometimes, but I'm so glad that Halle was such an angel. And I love the Mitt shirt and republican bib - glad to see you're raising her right ;) Happy New Year to you and your sweet little family!
Hey - I think I met you once or twice in UT. Good to hear from you. I'll let Phil know you're on here! Your little Halle is cute too. They are about the same age. Based on your 6 month post, Tyler is about 2-3 weeks younger than your little one. Lots of babies born this year, and I swear all the ones we know are little girls. Good for Tyler...the girls will just have to fight over him! =) It was fun seeing pictures and such...and like I said, I'll tell Phil you say hello and let him know you have a blog too!
Omg, Halle is too ADORABLE for words! I cannot DEAL with that cute Santa suit! I love her!
Post a Comment