Saturday, August 23, 2008

Olympics

I LOVE the Olympics!!! I have been obsessed really. Anyway, I thought the gymnastics stuff was really fun, but I just could not get behind Nastia Liukin. Part of it that I think she kind of seems like a snob, but also this......

Gymnast Shawn Johnson (R) gets a hug from compatriot Nastia Liukin at the conclusion of the 2008 U.S. Olympic gymnastics team trials in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, June 22, 2008. From Reuters Pictures by REUTERS.
She is wearing a scrunchie. Maybe that is why I was cheering so hard for Shawn Johnson. Thanks for not wearing a scrunchie. You made me proud.

6 comments:

Andrea J said...

I noticed that too. There were a lot of gymnasts wearing scrunchies, I wonder what the allure is?

Lisa B. said...

Hahahahahaa.. AMEN! I was all for Shawn Johnson. And I too noticed how many girls (MOSTLY from other countries) wore silver blue eyeshadow (not in a cool retro way) and scrunchies.. it felt like the 80's. a(again not in a cool way)

Mindy said...

I'm with you on the obsession of the Olympics. I just posted about it myself! I'm glad you said something about the scrunchies because I was thinking about dusting mine off and wearing them around town. (Just kidding!)

♥ kaliente ♥ said...

YAY FOR THELYMPICS!!!!!!!!!
haha

Love shawn johnson .

she is

dar

ling.

<3

Cagney and Laci said...

I felt the same way. I mean Shawn is so much cuter and has way better hair!

The Evers said...

hey! Yes, we did move into your ward! Sorry the response took so long we just got the internet hooked up today. I am hoping this is a good ward! We are renting an apartment, probably for the next 8-10 months until we find out what Jeff is doing. It might be longer too though. We will be there Sunday, so we will have to catch up!