Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Zoo

Last week Max and I decided that Halle was probably old enough to enjoy the zoo, so we took her to the Colorado Springs Zoo on Saturday and she LOVED it. It was the perfect day. It was totally overcast and cool. We were scared it was going to rain and it did, but not until we were already walking to the car. And I just have to brag that I have the best husband ever!!! He woke up early on Saturday to clean the whole house, get everything ready to go AND make us breakfast. All while Halle and I slept totally unaware. It was my lucky day!!

The baby seems to be doing great, but he is a crazy one. He is seriously so active and strong. Today I was sitting on the couch WATCHING him kick me. Seriously, it was so hard that I could see it. I don't remember that happening until much, MUCH later on with Halle. We may have a little soccer star on our hands. But if Max and Jordan have their way it will be all basketball and lacrosse. :) Can't wait to meet you baby boy!!!

Here are way too many pictures!!

They have so many giraffes at this zoo. You can even buy crackers to feed them. They ate all of our crackers and Halle got to pet them. This was the first animal we saw when we got in and I don't think Halle knew what to think.
The grizzly bear came and swam right down in front of us here. It was awesome, but no picture. Halle loved watching the trout.
The kids play area
The petting zoo. ICK!! But Halle loves chasing the rabbits around our house. We actually let her pet these ones...and then promptly washed her hands.
She had to go down the slide a million times. She is too brave. It freaks me out.
Our attempt at a family picture.
Then someone offered to help us out. How pregnant am I? HUGE!!! Last night I had a dream the baby was born and was 25 inches long. It made me really nervous.
Seriously 2 seconds after we got in the car. She was worn out.

3 comments:

Ang said...

You are so funny. You do not look huge to me. Looks like you guys had fun at the zoo!

Amy said...

Those are cute pics! I love the one of Halle on the slide with her nose crunched up. How nice of Max to clean the house for you.

k.young said...

How fun that she loved the zoo. I always wonder at what age they actually start liking it. Now at least I know a good time to try.