Sunday, November 23, 2008

Welcome to the World!!!

Our new baby boy made his appearance a little earlier than planned!! He came Saturday morning at 5:11 am. Didn't he know that I had this all scheduled and planned?!? Didn't he check my ticker. He still had 13 days left and even that was a week early since I was having a c-section. The craziest part is that Max was out of town. I had told him to go to the BYU/Utah game because I thought there was NO WAY that this baby was coming. Halle was 5 days late. So I went into labor at about 2 in the morning and they had the baby out by 5, thanks to my c-section. Max was on a flight out at 7:00 am, so although he missed the birth, he didn't miss much else. :) It has taken us a little while to come up with a name, but we have decided on Trey Merrill Harker. Merrill is a family name and he just seems like a Trey.

Unfortunately this little guy is having a rough start to life. When he was born and took his first breath, it was so big that it tore a small hole in his lung. He has been having trouble keeping his oxygen levels up and also has a little bit of gunk in lungs. They don't think it is pneumonia, but are taking the necessary precautions, just in case. He is still in the NICU, which makes me so sad, but he is slowly improving and hopefully we can hold him 24/7 soon!!!

We love him to death and are so happy to welcome him to our family. Halle is going to be the best big sister!!! Welcome to our family little Trey. We love you!!!

16 comments:

Andrea J said...

Thank goodness for modern medicine. He looks exactly like Halle. Congrats on having 2 beautiful children :) And what a story, BYU v Utah - crazy.

Emily Rosell said...

Love his name and hope is his home with you guys soon.

Misty said...

Congratulations, and I hope everything turns out okay. And...what is that last picture of? Does he have a bubble on his head? He's very cute!

Christina said...

What an adorable little man! Congrats!!! Boys are so much fun. :)

Honey! said...

Aw I love him! Look at all that HAIR!!! And look how hot you look--how is this possible?!

Michelle said...

What. a. cutie. I wish I was there so I could snuggle him! Your little family will be in our prayers. He is absolutely beautiful, as is his mama! Love the name, love him, love you! Congrats!

k.young said...

Wow. So early! Crazy. He is adorable. I am glad he made it here safe. Sorry he is having such a rough start, but hopefully it will be over soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love him, he is so cute and very long! We are excited to meet him this week!!!!

Ang said...

He is so cute! And has so much dark hair! That is crazy that he came so early.

Kim said...

What a story! That is crazy. I bet Max felt so so bad. You are a trooper and have a great attitude about doing it yourself (not like he would've helped, but you know what I mean)
He looks perfect and I'm sure will be home soon. Hope your recovery is quick. Good luck with two. I LOVE two it's so much better than one:)

TANNAHILLS said...

Congrats!!! He is absolutely addorable!! We knnow all about the NICU stay... he will do great and be home in no time!!!

Marti Hawker said...

He is so beautiful! I am glad they are thinkninging it's not pnemonia. Hope he is doing better today, I think Trey fits him good. I am so exited we will have boys grow up together so close! You guys are in our prayers.

The Strouds said...

Love the name Jayme! He is sooo cute!

Sarah said...

Congratulations, Jayme! He is absolutely adorable!!!

The Evers said...

Wow, what a surprise! He is darling and I am so sorry to hear about the complication. I hope he heals well and quickly. Once again you have made another darling baby! I am excited to hear how Halle does with him! I hope you are feeling good too, or at least on your way to good!

Amy said...

Congratulations!!! He is a handsome little guy. Love his hair.