Sunday, February 22, 2009

Big Boy.Big Girl.Germs

Today since Trey is 3 MONTHS OLD, we decided to go to all 3 hours of church. Something that has not happened since before Trey was born. I have been a little anxious about all the germs lurking there. Well about 30 minutes into Sacrament Meeting, we were all out in the hall. It was not going well. After Sacrament Meeting Max was begging me to send Halle to nursery. I have been putting this off because again...of all the germs. I don't want them coming home. Think of all the germs, I told him. So we went off to Sunday School and about 10 minutes later, we were all out in the hall again. For the final hour of church, I took Trey and headed to Young Women's. Max went to Elder's Quorum and lasted about 5 minutes before he was out in the hall. Then Halle discovered the nursery. The door was open and she ran in. Max made a valiant effort, but it was all over. She loved it!!

I found Max after church and he was putting hand sanitizer on Halle. I started congratulating him for being such a good germ-conscious husband and he stopped me and told me that Halle went to nursery. I was excited that she loved it, sad that she is such a big girl and anxious about the germs. So this is Halle's first nursery day picture.
Yes, I didn't even get a picture of her in her dress because I was too worried about getting her in the bath after we got home. Max told me today that I am about to cross the bridge into being completely obsessive-compulsive about germs and he would like me to stay on the normal side of things. I think me whipping out the hand sanitizer after the sacrament because I was worried about all the germs on the tray really did it for him.

6 comments:

k.young said...

All I can say is..ha ha ha. You crack me up.

Misty said...

that's funny.
trey is getting HUGE!

Sean and Hillary Monroe said...

Ok, you do realize that exposing them to a few germs is actually good for kids and builds their immune system, right?
That said, I'd be a bit nervous, too, exposing Trey to all of those germs, just because he's tiny and his immune system isn't as strong as it will be in about a year.
You might want to keep up the baths right after church just to make sure she doesn't pass those germs on to Trey.
Good luck!

Marti Hawker said...

I here ya on the germ thing. It's hard to avoid them! Just be greatful she wants to go to nusery, Jaden scrame every tim,e he went in for the first year.

Andy and Adrienne Bass said...

You think the germs are bad in nursery? Try preschool and kindergarten! I think my kids spent the first two months of school sick and having to stay home with various and strange illnesses. Luckily we have been well for a while (knock on wood!). They also REQUIRE the kids to wash their hands at designated intervals in preschool. Kindergarten - a whole other story! Good luck!

Yo Momma Lindsey said...

Oh, I do love you!