Monday, March 22, 2010

Politics

I tried to stay quiet. We can't afford to be quiet anymore. The fight is just beginning. If you feel as strongly about last night as I do, then PLEASE get involved. These next two elections are going to determine not only our future, but our kids. If we don't stop this horrific spending spree, our children will be paying a 66% tax rate when they are grown. And that is if they are middle class. Business's are going to be paying an 88% tax rate. This is unacceptable. I will not stand by while we drive our children's future into the ground.

GET INVOLVED. Utah people - you have work to do too. Get rid of Bob Bennett. Get involved in your primaries. Talk to people you know about what is happening. Confront them with the facts. This is too important. Don't leave this legacy for our kids.

Love this quote from Paul Ryan. We have good people in the Republican party. Let's get more of them.

"This is history. Today marks a major turning point. Our Founders got it right when they wrote in the Declaration of Independence that our rights come from nature and nature's God, not from government. Should we now subscribe to an ideology where government creates rights, is solely responsible for delivering these artificial rights, and then rations these rights? Do we believe that the goal of government is to promote equal opportunity for all Americans to make the most of their lives, or do we now believe that government's role is to equalize the results of people's lives? The philosophy advanced on this floor by this majority today is so paternalistic and so arrogant, it's condescending, and it tramples upon the principles that have made America so exceptional. My friends, we are fast approaching a tipping point where more Americans depend upon the federal government than upon themselves for their livelihoods -- a point where we, the American people, trade in our commitment and our concern for our individual liberties in exchange for government benefits and dependencies."

3 comments:

Hillary Monroe said...

I'm not afraid to admit that I'm not a politics person. I can get involved when I feel a strong pull towards a certain direction, but politics in general quite literally scare me. There is so much lying and deceit I don't know who to trust. Then the people who claim you can trust them end up being liars, too. Lately I've felt that our choices for leaders have been like choosing between Satan and Hitler. Satan can't do any real damage since he's without a body, but he gets his minions to do his work for him, which ends up in VERY similar results as...Hitler, who weaseled his way into the lives of people and caused real trouble for the entire world. So which is worse? Evil Brains in power, or brainless in power controlled by Evil Brains?
It has been said that the constitution of this choice nation will hang by a thread, and that is when the Savior will come again. I'm about ready for that thread to start dangling, just to get Him to come faster. This all just makes me sick inside.

Hillary Monroe said...

PS Thought you'd like this:
(I stole it from a friend who stole it from a friend...)

"A health care plan written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts themselves from it, signed by a Prez who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes,to be overseen by a surgeon general who's obese, financed by a country that's broke. What could possibly go wrong?"

Laura said...

Love that quote -- both the one from Rep. Ryan and the one from the friend of a friend of a friend.

You're right, J. We've got to stand up and refuse to shut up. Thanks for keeping the fires burning!