Here I go again. I am going to lose all my blog readers. Oh well.
My friend Hillary commented on my last post and said that she was scared of politics. That there were no good choices for leaders and that what were we supposed to do. Don't be afraid!! Educate yourself and start spreading the word. Believe it or not, I think that there are really good people that are starting to run for office. The key to getting them elected is getting involved in the primaries. Which for you Utah people is NOW. Bob Bennett = no good. He needs to be out of the Senate and getting involved in the primaries will make that happen.
I LOVE this speech from Ezra Taft Benson. He was not afraid to speak up on the evils of Socialism and the importance of defending the Constitution. It was given in 1965, but I guarantee you it was for our time. Right now. READ IT. It's a long read, but worth it. Here are some valuable words at the beginning and a quote from the end.
Surely – certainly – it behooves patriotic citizens – such as you – to meet together to seriously consider present conditions in our beloved nation. It is imperative that American citizens become alerted and informed regarding the threat to our welfare, happiness and freedom.
No American is worthy of citizenship in this great land who refuses to take an active interest in these important matters.
All we hold dear as a great Christian nation is at stake."
To the patriots I say this: Take that long eternal look. Stand up for freedom no matter what the cost.
It can help to save your soul – and maybe your country.
This is a choice land….choice above all others. Blessed by the Almighty, our forefathers have made and kept it so. It will continue to be a land of freedom and liberty as long as we are able to advance in the light of sound and enduring principles of right. To sacrifice such principles for momentary expediency – often selfishly motivated – is to endanger our noble heritage and is unworthy of this great American people."
Here's a small clip for a BYU devotional that Ezra Taft Benson gave called, Our Immediate Responsiblity as well as some for Stand Up For Freedom.





5 comments:
Love it!!! That is perfect for our times... You won't lose me as a reader. :) Hurray for speaking up against the liberals' ridiculous plans. It is definitely time to get involved and informed! Thanks for the article.
WAY to make me stand out. haha, this isn't exactly how I wanted my 15 minutes of fame!
As important as I feel politics is right now, I have a hard time finding faith in anyone running for office. Perhaps I am too pessimistic on this point, but living in CA, can you REALLY blame me? We've been hit upon every vital point and continue to decline into an abyss in which I feel would take a miracle to dig ourselves out. And the most awful part? We're stuck here, with no hope of leaving since our house has taken the biggest dive. We even bought it before the second jump. It hasn't reached that value, and it doesn't look like it's going to happen anytime soon. In the meantime we have a Gov'r who is intent on ripping all hopes of proper education, law enforcement, and safety enforcement to shreds. He continues to "borrow" money from these sources with the "promise" to pay them back at a certain date, which is consitently pushed back. Meanwhile, those in power and leadership are giving themselves raises, all the while watching teachers/law enforcement get laid off. A lot of people are asking for a CA state bailout. BUT I cringe at the thought that the Gov't will be in charge of a STATE! Conspiracy theory never looked better. I don't even know where to begin.
Jayme I just came across your blog. I'm so bummed that you are or have moved out of NR Ward. I so love seeing your little kiddos. Soooooooo cute! Please keep in touch.
Email me your email address so I can add you to my blog list. I made my blog private, I was getting really odd comments from a bunch of foreign people.
Susan Robinson
fivegreatkiddos@yahoo.com
I don't think you'll lose your blog readers but you will hopefully motivate them all a little bit! I'm so sick of people complaining about how things are and not trying to do anything to change them. Thanks for the great quotes.
Darlin', you've actually gotten me going again. I was so discouraged after the passage, especially since my very conservative brother has gone nutso at the "tantalizing" thought of free health care (yeah, right! FREE?!!)
But keep up the rallying cry! I'm energized and ready to fight the battle again -- I will NOT let my country be torn to shreds!
Soooo Rise and shout the ....
[sorry, felt like there needed to be a victory cheer right there :) ]
Post a Comment