* I am going to start blogging again...maybe. Blogging doesn't seem to be cool anymore, but I do love looking back at my blog and seeing our life. I even have a few posts almost ready to post about Zachary's birth and stuff.
* Halle started preschool. I was super sad, but only for a little bit. She loves it and I figured out that it is really only like 7 hours a week. Now, when she goes to kindergarten I am going to be a mess. I already know it.
* A week after I had Zachary I had 4 pounds left to lose. Awesome. 5 weeks later, I still have 4 pounds left to lose. SO annoying. (Oh and p.s. I should probably lose more than those 4 pounds. That's just to get me back to my starting weight.)
* I started Insanity and then my doctor told me I couldn't do it until I was 12 weeks out from my c-section. Also annoying, but I am kind of relieved. I think I need to get in better shape before I start it. I am going to do it though!
* I worried about the transition we were going to have after this baby more than any of my other pregnancies. 3 kids scared me. But, the transition to 3 kids has been the easiest by far. This could be mostly due to the fact that Zachary is the easiest baby of all time. Also, when you already live in chaos, what's a little bit more?
* Speaking of...Zachary is like the perfect newborn. It's like having all of the good parts of the newborn stage and none of the bad. He sleeps, snuggles and never cries. Like, really never cries. I feel pretty guilty because I spent a lot of time during my pregnancy dreading the newborn stage. Not that Halle or Trey were hard babies, they were easy too. I just so enjoy the ages that they are at. Turns out the newborn stage is awesome too. I really love my kids.
* I may have easy babies, but I have terrible nappers. Trey dropped his nap right around when he turned 2. Some days are really long at the Harker household.
* Halle has an owie on her elbow. She is asking me to carry her around the house because of it. Holy drama. (For the record, I am not carrying her around.)
* I am having a love/hate relationship with 2011.
* I should be cleaning instead of blogging. Zachary is getting blessed this weekend and I need to deep clean my house. For the record, I LOVE deep cleaning my house. But I do not love having my kids bored and neglected while I do it.
* I have mentioned before that when I was pregnant with Halle, I really wanted a girl. Having a daughter is magical. I really, really love having a girl. But I have definitely been surprised at how much I love having boys too. Turns out I am a boy mom as well. My two little boys occupy a large part of my heart.
* Max and I had our 5 year anniversary a few months ago. I love being married much more now than I did as a newlywed. (It was good then too, it is just better now.) We had an awesome anniversary and I almost blogged about it. But I didn't because it felt weird. I don't want to take pictures or do things just so I can blog about it.
* Maybe now that blogging isn't as cool anymore, this is not an issue though. I don't think anyone even reads this thing anymore. Anyway, I will leave you with a picture of my darling THREE kids. I love them.
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Random Thoughts For My Blog
Posted by Jayme at 9:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
I read! (love googlereader:) and I LOVE updates on your life!!! I can't believe how big your kids are. They are so cute! I'm glad that I'm not the only one that is scared of the newborn phase. Not sleeping is hard for me! That is awesome that Zachary sleeps! Can't wait for more updates :)
I love when you post on your blog! I am always reading. Don't stop. I hate that blogging is "cool'. It makes me not want to do it. But I also LOVE looking back at our life through the blog. Maybe that should be our motivator- record keeping. We love you guys. I wish so badly that we could be there this weekend. Hope all goes well.
These kids you love so much are going to sing your praises because you took the time to regularly update your blog - your family record. They'll love to look back and see they were perfect sleepers, lovers of pretend play, and had out of control hair! :) I love your kids - and I love to see them grow. So if you can't see far enough down the road to do it for your kids, do it for your VERY NEEDY friend who would rather read her friends' blogs than update her own! haha! Oh, and the pictures - I love to see the pictures! :)
You have such a cute family!
Post a Comment